Export documents EX-A or EU-A for export.

Export documents EX-A or EU-B for export.

Exporting goods to another country is an opportunity for any company looking to expand its market reach. However, this process often involves a host of legal, logistical and financial considerations that must be taken into account. One such consideration is determining the appropriate export documentation required for each shipment. This is where EX-A and EU-A documents come into play.

What are EX-A or EU-B documents?

EX-A and EU-A are two of the most commonly used export documents that certify the origin of exported goods. EX-A is a non-preferential certificate of origin which is required for exports to countries that do not have a preferential trade agreement with the exporting country, while EU-A is a preferential certificate of origin required for exports to countries that have a preferential trade agreement with the European Union.

ECC can help your company with EX-A and EU-A documents?

If so, please contact us. One of our specialists will be happy to help you further.

Requirements for obtaining EX-A and EU-A documents.

Export documents are essential for any company exporting products abroad. The EX-A and EU-A documents are two customs documents that companies need to export products.

The EX-A document is issued by the customs office of the exporting country and confirms that the goods have been exported. The EU-A document, on the other hand, is issued by the customs office of the importing country and confirms that the goods have been imported. To obtain these documents, companies must provide specific information, such as the description of the product, quantity and value, as well as the origin and destination of the shipment. It is important to note that the requirements for obtaining EX-A and EU-A documents may vary depending on the country of origin and destination.

Companies should contact their local customs office or a professional export consultant to ensure they have all the necessary documentation and information to successfully export their products.

Frequently asked questions about EX-A and EU-A documents

    What is the difference between EX1, EX-A, EU-A and CO-A?

    The term "EX1" is actually used as a general designation for the final export declaration. The most well-known variant of such an export declaration is probably the "EX-A". This form is used for the standard export declaration outside Europe. If you want to export goods to countries outside the European Union, but still within Europe (such as Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein), Turkey and since the Brexit also the United Kingdom, you need a "EU-A" needed. On the other hand, a "CO-A" completed for exports to countries within the European Union, but outside the tax territory.

    What documents are required for an EX-A document?

    The following documents are required to prepare the EX-A:

    • Invoice of the shipment(s)
    • Packing list of the shipment(s)
    • Authorization Direct Representation, this also requires an extract from the Chamber of Commerce. This is needed to see if the authorized representative is authorized to sign.

    Other knowledge base articles.